Creating perspectives through synergies, cooperation and strategic discourse
The research program »Agricultural Systems of the Future« is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). The program is accompanied by a coordination office, which is located at the Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Plant Cultivation (IGZ) and the Leibniz Center for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF).
The primary aim of the coordination office is to enable synergies through an active exchange between the consortia and to support the strategic process for the further development of the funding program.
In addition, the coordination office contributes to increase national and international visibility of the research projects and supports the dialogue with society about future agricultural systems. The integration of various stakeholders is a main goal.
With its work, the coordination office supports the coordination board, which is formed by the coordinators of the funded projects. With a new quality of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary cooperation, the coordination board is developing recommendations for the strategic development of BMBF funding measures in the field of agricultural research.
The main tasks of the coordination office are:
- Content networking of the eight funded consortia through strategic workshops, status conferences and the establishment of a communication platform
- Promote new cooperation with other national and international research programs
- Supporting the funded consortia in public relations by targeted and group-specific communication measures
- Establish connection to other scientific disciplines and promotion of multi-, inter- and transdisciplinary cooperation and exchange
- Support the further development of research and implementation strategies of the consortia
- Organization of winter schools to offer networking opportunities for young researchers