This year´s Annual Meeting of the German Society of Plant Nutrition (DGP) will take place from September 25 – 27 in Berlin, Germany.
Conference venue: Invalidenstraße 42, 10115 Berlin
Lecture Program (Invited Speakers)
September 25 (Wed) from 1pm to September 27 (Fri) 1pm
On Friday afternoon, an excursion will be offered to the Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) in Großbeeren (ending at 5.30pm).
Both oral and poster presentations are welcome which show findings of Plant Nutrition in three main research fields:
I. Environmentally friendly plant nutrition (e.g. nutrient efficiencies, rhizosphere processes, symbioses, fertilizer and fertilization technology, etc.)
(1) Knut Ehlers (Umweltbundesamt, GER) `Plant Nutrition and Social Needs: In Line with Each Other?´
(2) Tim S George (The James Hutton Institute, GBR) `Roots and Rhizospheres for Global Sustainability´
(3) Celine Masclaux-Daubresse (Institut Jean-Pierre Bourgin, FRA) `Nitrogen Management at the Whole Plant Level for Better Nitrogen Use Efficiency´
II. Yield stability (e.g. resilience to nutrient deficiencies, salinity, acidity, climate change, etc.)
(4) Wolfgang Bokelmann (Humboldt University Berlin, GER) `The Role of Agriculture to improve Food Security and a Healthy Nutrition´
(5) Matthew Gilliham (University of Adelaide, AUS) `Modifying „Gatekeeper Cells“ to Regulate Crop Physiology, Stress Tolerance and Yield´
(6) Richard Bélanger (University Laval, Quebec, CAN) `Si „Nutrition“ in higher plants: mechanisms and misconceptions´
III. Healthiness of food (e.g. biofortification, toxic minerals, bioactive compounds, etc.)
(7) Suzan Fiack (Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, GER) `Undesirable Substances in Food and Feed: Challenges for Risk Communication´
(8) Janneke Balk (John Innes Centre, GBR) `Genetic Approaches to Increase the Iron Content in Bread´
(9) Ismail Cakmak (Sabanci University, TUR) `Plant Nutrition Research for Better Yield Stability and Nutritional Quality´
In these fields, we expect a wide range of contributions, which cover the diversity of Plant Nutrition´s experimental approaches to study processes from the subcellular to the field level.
Please follow this link to find the preliminary conference program with all speakers and further information.
We are looking forward to your contributions!