May 30-31, 2016
Festsaal at Humboldt-University, Luisenstraße 56, D-10117 Berlin
The KOSMOS Workshop „Emergency Agriculture and Food Security“ will bring together leading Berlin-based, German and international researchers working on various related aspects of this emerging field.
They will pursue three related objectives:
- To review recent findings and scientific progress (the “state of the art”);
- To identify and prioritize novel research questions (or “knowledge gaps”); and
- To plan future research collaborations and joint proposals.
These objectives will be attained by reviewing a set of related research questions with short presentations and subsequent plenary discussions.
The overall research themes include:
- Forms and representations of emergencies and fragile environments;
- Drivers of food insecurity in emergencies and in fragile environments;
- Agricultural practices in emergencies;
- Consequences of food insecurity in emergencies and in fragile environments, especially at the individual level;
- The role and impact of local and global policy actors for emergency agriculture and food security;
- New and emerging data sources and indicators; and
- Methods and techniques.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: KOSMOS Emergency Agriculture and Food Security C4P
FINAL PROGRAMM ( 20 May 2016): FinalProgram-Kosmos
The participants of the workshop jointly adopted the `Berlin statement on the Role of Agriculture and Food Security in Conflict and Emergency Situations´. The statement strongly recommends further intensification of interdisciplinary cooperation in science and practice to improve humanitarian aid in crises and increase food security.
More information about the KOSMOS-programme:
funded by Future Concept resources of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin through the Excellence Initiative of the German Federal Government and its Federal States